Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Will never understand

I've found most blogging is done out of venting due to dissatisfaction in life, and that's fair, I'd guess. Most of my blogging in the day was due to the trials and tribulations, mostly with women, that I encountered. As I stand here in 2011 though, I don't have problems in the social scene. I have a woman who I plan to spend the rest of my life with, love her oh so dearly, and she loves me. I have a great circle of friends. I have a job I enjoy most of the time and coworkers I generally get along with.

That said, I'm not happy 24/7, and it's not anything anyone did, I just take a look at the state of the world and it gets me down.

I talked to an old friend of mine recently. He's sadly going through marital discourse, due to nothing he did. This is a guy who'll give you the shirt off his back, just the nicest guy ever. He's not changed in 12 years. They've been married a pretty good amount of time so it's not like he suddenly turned into Henry VIII on her. But apparently, she left him for someone else.

And it's not just this one guy. I was a nerd in high school (ok so I still am) and as a result I tended to hang with similarly afflicted people. So many of my "nice guy" friends, now approaching our 30s, STILL are having women problems. And it's not like they're being jerks to women, beating them, cheating on them, or anything.

And please, reader, do not take this to be a misogynistic rant, far from it. They are days when I'll say I RATHER hang with females because I can't take anymore fart jokes from my guy friends.

I know women like "bad" guys. They like that adventure and everything. But at some point doesn't that biological instinct of needing a man to produce babies and be a good father kick in?

Many relationships make it, and God bless them. Many relationships fail too. And it just seems lately a lot of NICE guys are getting shafted as a result. Not much I can do for them either. I'm at that age where I've got my lady, we're happy...and most of our other friends are married with kids too. I don't really know that many single girls to introduce my friends too. So I can't even really help other than doing what I already do, be there for them. That's rewarding, yes, but I'm a guy that likes to actually DO stuff for people.

I'm no where near a shrink, but I just can't help but wonder what goes through people's minds these days. I guess I'm mostly just angry thinking about how happy I was for these guys and girls when I found out they were together. In the two cases off the top of my head that I'm thinking of I said to myself, on BOTH, "Great! He's a wonderful guy and will take care of her, and Thankfully she has a good guy for her because she's liable to have wound up with a jerk."

Maybe some women want to wait until their 40s before they find a decent man. I guess that's their business, but they don't need to be breaking innocent hearts in the process.

The divorce rate in this country is staggering. And yeah, some marriages just need to end, no doubt about that at all. Just with the knowledge that is out there, and people know in their hearts what kind of person they are. Why waste someone's time if you're just going to treat a married relationship like a junior high relationship, having a new boyfriend for each month's dance?

People liked to make comments within the first couple of months of me and my lady's relationship about how we needed to get married. Just jump right in and get married after 2 months. Hey that might work for some people (looking at statistics, not many), but I'm glad her and I have taken the path we have taken.


Are me and my lady perfect? Probably not to a 3rd party perspective, but we're perfect for each other and that is all we need. I have more confidence in her and I than I do for anyone else. Maybe it's naive of me, but I'd be mortally SHOCKED (barring tragedy) if anything ever came between us. I've seen her and I get pretty mad at each other, mostly due to pride, and within a very short amount of time we're hugging and expressing our love. We communicate all the time. How many of these people communicate I wonder.

I could expound more on my 2 nameless friends, but I'd like to offer them anonymity. Plus I don't have ALL the details. I just know, from my perch, 2 great guys are nursing broken hearts, and I blame their ex partners.

Maybe my next blog will take a look at the guys that don't appreciate good girls, just to be fair and balanced. Lord knows I don't want my blog to be Fox News...

No comments:

Post a Comment